As the seasons change, and we spend more time indoors, it’s crucial to evaluate the air quality in our homes. Surprisingly, the air inside our homes can be up to 100 times more toxic than the air outside, with mold and mildew being among the biggest culprits. In this month’s mid-month blog, we’ll delve into the topic of mold toxicity, its common symptoms, and steps to make your home a safer and healthier place to live.
Last year at this exact time, I was assessing my new home’s air quality. I invested in some areas, and I want to follow up with my reviews of these products, home improvements, and ways to test your success with what you’re doing. For the record, I don’t have any affiliation with these products, and I’m giving my honest review of my home investments.
Mold toxicity is often an overlooked factor causing mysterious health symptoms. My personal experience of suffering from a severe MRSA-like infection with over 30 lesions left conventional doctors, holistic practitioners, and even infectious disease specialists unable to provide a solution. It wasn’t until I took matters into my own hands that I uncovered a HUGE hidden stressor: my mold-infested home. I wasn’t able to fully heal until I remediated the mold and got myself out of exposure. This showed me the importance of investigating mold toxicity as a potential root cause of health issues.
Mold toxicity symptoms can vary from person to person, but some common ones include:
- Frequent illnesses and chronic illness
- Brain fog, memory issues, confusion, and disorientation
- Musculoskeletal pain, joint pain, tremors, muscle cramps, aches, numbness, and tingling
- Headaches or migraines
- Sinus problems or asthma
- Night sweats
It is my least favorite thing to discover in a client. It makes “diet changes” look like a walk in the park when you have to consider if your home is still a safe place for you to be living.
Trying to find sources of mold to remediate is always the first step in this situation. Becoming wise to your sensitivity might be daunting, but sitting around ill with no answers is even worse.
Here are my suggested steps to creating a Healthier Home Environment:
- Test, Don’t Guess: Utilize reputable testing services like Immunolytics or ERMI – EnviroBiomedic.Inc. to detect mold in your home.
- Assess the Lungs of Your Home: Inspect and clean or replace ducts, vents, HVAC systems, and mini-splits to maintain good air quality.
- Invest in HEPA Air Purifiers: High-quality air purifiers like Air Doctors can help keep the air clean and clear, automatically adjusting to the air quality. I absolutely love my investment in my Air Doctors. I have one upstairs and one downstairs.
- Crawl Spaces: Ensure that any crawl spaces are dry and free from mold by encapsulating them, safeguarding your home’s longevity and air quality. I feel this was one of the best investments I made in my new home. My crawl space stays at a 30-40% humidity even when it’s storming outside.
- Cleaning and Disinfecting: Use natural disinfectants to wipe down surfaces, blinds, windows, cupboards, etc., to prevent fungal growth. This is particularly important if your testing reveals the presence of candida or other pathogenic fungi.
- Fogging and Retesting: Fogging can help clean and clear the living space, especially for sensitive individuals. It’s a viable option if a deeper level of remediation isn’t immediately accessible. My Haven Fog has been a great investment. Stay tuned on social media as I will share my most recent tests before and after fogging.
- Relocation as a Last Resort: For highly sensitive individuals, if your current home cannot be adequately remediated, relocating may be necessary. Healing and detoxing from mold toxicity require escaping the source of exposure. Mold toxicity symptoms can worsen if not addressed effectively.
- Take Control of Your Health: If you suspect mold toxicity or are experiencing unexplained symptoms, remember that you don’t have to navigate this journey alone. Functional labs and assessments can help identify the root causes of your health issues.
In the coming weeks, I will provide more in-depth information on these steps via my Instagram page. Stay tuned for actionable tips to create a mold-free, healthier home environment.
Remember, it’s crucial to be honest with yourself about whether you’re truly addressing the source of contamination. Your health and well-being deserve nothing less.
Don’t suffer in silence! Mold toxicity can lead to horrific symptoms, but there is hope.
Book a complimentary Strategy Session with me today to embark on a path to wellness and regain your joy for life.
Coming from someone who wasn’t fully living for so many years of my life due to dysfunctions in my gut and hormones, I’m a firm believer that health is the greatest wealth and the foundation from which the joys of life flourish.
I’m here when you’re ready to receive support!